The COA Fund, through College of The Albemarle Foundation, offers an opportunity for you to support the college with a financial gift. Gifts given by alumni, friends, businesses and foundations support the pressing needs of the college, scholarships, equipment, state-of-the-art facilities, and faculty development. A gift of any size can and does make a significant difference in helping educate the bright, articulate, and caring citizens of Northeastern North Carolina.
Make a Gift to COA
- COA Community Impact funds have the greatest impact on the college and the communities it serves. These funds support the most current, pressing needs of the college and can include scholarships, equipment, facilities, faculty development and research to identify viable economic development opportunities within the region.
- Athletics are increasingly important to COA and its visibility. Contributions made to the athletic program at COA can support the Dolphin Baseball and/or Softball teams, the Athletic Endowment, or other costs associated with the athletic program. Your choice to contribute to athletics can also support future team sports at the college.
- College Support funds primarily support the day-to-day activities and needs of a particular program or department at the college. These funds are usually established and subsidized by faculty or staff members associated with the program or department benefitting from the support.
- General Scholarship funds are an essential resource for students. These funds are available for any student enrolled in the college. These scholarships are broad in scope and are often used in emergency situations or to bridge a funding gap unmet by the COA Foundation’s criteria based scholarships or the college’s financial aid options.
- Harvest Moon Ball represents one of COA’s signature events. All ticketed events hosted by the college are listed here for convenience of payment.
- Specific Academic Program funds support the needs of a particular discipline and are generally named for the course of study supported by the fund. A listing of all COA’s academic programs can be found here.
- Specific Scholarship funds, unlike general scholarships, have a specific set of criteria. These scholarships are supported on a semester-to-semester and/or annual basis. Many of the area’s civic groups, as well as individual residents, establish this type of scholarship and are not subject to the same requirements that are necessary to establish and maintain an endowed scholarship.
Endowed Scholarships ensure a permanent source of scholarship funding. For an investment of $10,000, you can provide a named endowed scholarship which will provide financial aid.
Planned Giving, simply stated, enables a person to help provide for the financial well-being of the College in future years. Such gifts provide an opportunity for donors to make a philanthropic gift that he or she might be unable to make otherwise. Planned giving opportunities include naming COA Foundation in your will, creating charitable gift annuities, charitable remainder trusts, or naming COA Foundation as the beneficiary of your life insurance policy. Consult with your tax advisor and the College’s development professional before making a Planned Giving contribution.
Back to Top