Enrollment Status Definitions
- Full-time plus: 15 credit hours or more (North Carolina Community College Grant only).
- Full-time: 12 credit hours or more.
- Three-quarter-time: nine to 11 credit hours.
- Half-time: six to eight credit hours.
- Less than half-time: five credit hours or less. State grants are not available to students at this enrollment status.
For financial aid purposes, full-time status is 12 credit hours or more per semester.
For veterans using Chapter 33-Post 9/11, seven or more credit hours is required to receive a housing allowance.