College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Welding Technology program will give you a sound understanding of the science, technology and applications essential for successful employment in the welding and metal industries.
Classroom training and practical application course work include:
- Consumable and non-consumable electrode welding and cutting processes.
- Blueprint reading.
- Welding inspection.
- Destructive and non-destructive testing.
Employment opportunities include entry-level technician, sales and quality control positions in metalworking, construction, manufacturing and fabrication.
Equipment needed for the Welding Technology program includes:
- Welding helmet (auto darkening is a plus).
- Burning goggles (shade 5).
- Tip cleaners.
- 10” adjustable wrench.
- Welding jacket with leather sleeves.
- Steel toe leather boots (with high sides).
- Welding gloves.
- Safety glasses.
- Ear plugs.
Visit the occupational outlook handbook for welders, cutters, solderers and brazers on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.