College of The Albemarle’s (COA) advisors offer career education activities to help you with decision making and career planning. The extra time and effort you take now can pay off with a lifetime of job satisfaction and income. Career planning involves learning about yourself, exploring different careers, and using tools and resources to help you find your niche — the best career fit for your unique talents, abilities, skills, personality, interests and values.
If you’re undecided about your major and your future, or you’re making a career change, contact one of our advisors and use the links below to begin your career search. COA also has career centers on the Elizabeth City (AE 125) and Dare County Campus (DC 226) with resources to assist you in your career search.
CFNC.org offers a free career planning guide to help you match your personality, interests, values and abilities with over 900 careers.
CareerOneStop.com, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, offers employment information, inspiration and helpful tools for job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals, including links to ONET and the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
Work-Based Learning (WBL)
WBL offers you a way to gain direct experience in your field of study while earning college credit. If you’re pursuing an Associate in Applied Science or a diploma program, we encourage you to participate in WBL to enhance your training and job search.
Local Career Centers
422 McArthur St
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
800 N. Oakum St, building 3, room 300
Edenton, NC 27932
2522 S. Croatan Highway
PO Box 757
Nags Head, NC 27959
Online Career Resources
- NCWorks online: Links to employment opportunities.
- DisabilityInfo.gov: Covers a variety of topics related to employment of persons with disabilities.
- North Carolina state summer internships: Gain essential work experience, improve your résumé and get paid while doing it.
- U.S. government jobs: Federal jobs and employment information. Hampton Roads is home to over 50,000 government workers.
- How to get a federal government job: A step-by-step plan to find and apply for federal jobs.
- Backgroundcheck.org: Learn more about background checks and how to protect your reputation online.
- Glassdoor.com: Research careers, companies and salaries.
- LinkedIn.com: The world’s most popular professional networking site.
- SnagaJob.com: Find a part-time or summer job.
Elizabeth City Campus: AE 133
252-335-0821 ext. 2281
Advisor/Special Populations Coordinator
Elizabeth City Campus: AE 138
252-335-0821 ext. 2277
First in the World Success Coach/Coordinator of Student Life
Dare County Campus: 109; Regional Aviation and Technical Training Center
252-473-2264 ext. 7011
Academic and Financial Aid Advisor
Edenton-Chowan Campus: 505
252-482-7900 ext. 6011
Assistant Dean, Student Success and Enrollment Management
Dare County Campus: 104A
252-473-2264 ext. 7012