1. If you are in the United States awaiting Immigration’s approval of your change of status request to F-1, you are still required by Immigration to enroll every fall and spring semester as you wait for a decision.
2. You must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more) per semester unless approved for less.
3. Of the 12 credits you’re required to take each semester, 9 of those credits must be in seated classes. The balance of the 12 may be taken on the Internet.
4. Failure to follow Immigration policies may cause you to be subject to deportation.
5. It is your responsibility to keep a current address and phone number on record at the college as well as with the Department of Homeland Security.
6. You may not work for pay while you study on an F-1 Visa except in special cases related to Optional Practical Training or Cooperative Education – both of which are available to you after you’ve completed one fall and one spring semester.
Back to Top