For additional scholarship opportunities, please view the College Foundation of North Carolina scholarship publication at www.CFNC.org/fabook and the Northeastern Workforce Development Board website at www.NWDBworks.org. You can also check the Scholarship Resource List.
North Carolina Extension & Community Association Scholarship
Deadline: February 1, 2015
The purpose of the scholarship is to assist students in obtaining a degree at any North Carolina college, in any field of study, with priority given to Family and Consumer Sciences. The state scholarship is for $800 and is awarded to one youth and one adult. The Northeastern District scholarship is for $500 and is also for one youth and one adult. If you are applying to both, please specify “state” or “district” at the top of your application.
Print and return your completed application to your local county’s Cooperative Extension office. Call (919) 515-2813 to find out where your county’s office is located. Or use the North Carolina Cooperative Extension’s online directory: http://www.ces.ncsu.edu/
Golden LEAF Scholarship Program for Transfer Students*
Deadline: March 1, 2015
- Be enrolled during the 2014-15 academic year at a North Carolina public or private high school or a North Carolina community college.
- Be a North Carolina resident for tuition purposes.
- Reside in one of 79 qualifying counties (full list available with application).
- Enroll at a qualifying UNC institution, or a North Carolina private non-profit college or university as a full-time, degree-seeking student in the fall of 2015 (full list available with application).
- Demonstrate financial need. Students MUST submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 1, 2015 to be considered for this scholarship.
- Present a satisfactory record of academic achievement and community service. Extracurricular activities and information provided in a brief essay submitted by the applicant may be considered in determining recipients.
Scholarships for Qualified Children of North Carolina War Veterans
Deadline: March 1, 2015 (for the 2015-16 academic year)
Women's Association of Duck Woods Country Club (WADWCC) Memorial Scholarship
Deadline: April 1, 2015
The WADWCC Memorial Scholarship is awarded annually to honor the memory of deceased members, to recognize the importance of education and life-long learning, and to support the organization’s commitment to help needy members of the local community. The scholarship is intended to assist a student whose post-secondary education has been interrupted or delayed. Completed applications and required documents should be sent to: Nancy Vaughan Memorial Scholarship Chair Women’s Association of Duck Woods Country Club Duck Woods Country Club 50 South Dogwood Trail Southern Shores, NC 27949
Back to Top