In addition to the financial aid and scholarship opportunities offered through COA, public and private organizations outside the college may also offer assistance programs for which our Nursing students may be eligible.
Forgivable Education Loans for Service (FELS)
- NC resident only
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress according to the policies of your institution
- Cumulative minimum GPA of:
3.00 for graduating high school students
2.80 for undergraduate students pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree
3.20 for students pursuing a graduate or professional degree
- Register with the Selective Service System, if required;
- Recipients must not be in default, or does not owe a refund, under any federal or State loan or grant program
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress according to enrolling policy of the institution
- Be willing to work in NC in a designated critical employment shortage profession
Students who receive funds through this program must sign a promissory note agreeing to work in North Carolina after graduation in an approved position, one year for each academic year of funding received. Students who do not preform the required service must repay the loans in cash, with interest.
The FELS application and program information for the 2014-2015 academic year will be available in November 2013 at www.CFNC.org/FELS. The priority deadline for submitting the FELS application is April 1, 2014.
Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship
Eligibility: ADN Students Only
For more information, please contact Sheila Meads at 252-384-4053
** Awarding of financial aid and scholarships is determined by availability of funding.
Back to Top