Students >> Veterans Services >> Using Your Benefits >> Advance Payment

Advance Payment

You may request advance payment when you initially enter COA or enter a new term at COA after an absence from school of at least 30 days.  You must be enrolled at least half-time and request the advance at least six weeks before the term begins.

You will receive advance pay for the first two months of the term, which means that you will receive no more GI Bill money until the end of the third month of school.  You may pick up your check after registering.  You will be contacted when your check is ready to be picked up.

Back to Top