Dec 25 – Dec 29
Holiday Safety Tips from COA’s Criminal Justice Technology Program:
- Don’t leave packages in plain sight inside your car.
- Never leave your car unoccupied with the motor running or with children inside.
- Make sure all your car doors are locked and windows closed while in or out of your car.
- If you must stop while driving at night, park in a well-lighted area.
- As much as possible, avoid driving alone at night.
- Be extra cautious about locking doors and windows when you leave your home, even if it is for a few minutes.
- Holiday gifts shouldn’t be visible through windows or doors.
- Avoid leaving delivery packages on your front porch.
- When leaving home for an extended period of time, get a family member or trusted neighbor to watch your house. Pick up the newspaper, collect the mail and leave a light on inside.
We wish everyone a safe and happy holiday season!