Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program
Recent/upcoming Dare County high school graduates: Attend COA for free by applying for the Dare Guarantee.
Thanks to the Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program, funded by Dare County, you may be able to attend College of The Albemarle (COA) with no out-of-pocket expenses for tuition and fees. Curriculum and Workforce Development and Career Readiness (WDCR) programs (continuing education) are included, with priority given to those attending COA – Dare.
The Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program provides $250,000 to pay any COA tuition and fees not covered by financial aid and scholarships. Awards are based on availability and additional funds may be given for books and computer needs.
To qualify, you must
- Be a Dare County resident
- Have graduated from a Dare County public high school, private school or home school
- Be a U.S. citizen or documented lawful permanent resident
- Begin classes at COA within 24 months of graduating from high school
How to Apply
- Apply to COA
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for COA Scholarships
- Complete the Dare Guarantee application, which will appear in applicant portal if you’re eligible
- Complete all steps for admission into your program and register for classes
- Download the Dare Guarantee WDCR application form
- Return the completed form to Sherri May (you’ll find instructions on the form)
- Complete all steps for admission to your program
- Register for the program by phone at 252-473-2264 ext. 7511 or in person:
COA – Dare, room PAB 203
205 Highway 64 S.
Manteo, NC 27954
COA Liaison – Dare County Public Schools
Coordinator, International Student Services and Academic Advisor
COA – Dare: 104
252-473-2264 ext. 7011
Coordinator, Workforce Development and Career Readiness
COA – Dare: PAB 203
252-473-2264 ext. 7511