Skip to main content

College Transfer Scholarships

Scholarships for transfer students, available at most four-year colleges, include:

The following links provide scholarship resources for students transferring to a four-year college. Keep in mind that every college has specific scholarships for different majors, and some even have grant funding for certain programs.

Every college offers merit- and need-based scholarships. If the college you want to transfer to isn’t listed below, please visit their website or call them directly.

Visit for more information about federal financial aid.

To browse the national scholarship search engine, go to

North Carolina Colleges with Transfer Scholarships

Learn about the UNC Campus Base Scholarship

To be eligible for the UNC Campus Base Scholarship as a transfer student, you’ll need to:

  • Be a North Carolina resident.
  • Be a graduate of a community or junior college in North Carolina.
  • Have earned an Associate of Arts (AA), Associate of Science (AS), Associate of Fine Arts (AFA), or AAS in a program that articulates directly with an academic program offered by ECSU.
  • Have a cumulative grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 at the community or junior college you’re transferring from, and maintain a 3.0 GPA after earning 30 and 60 semester hours at ECSU.
Eligible low-income students who are admitted to UNC at Chapel Hill can enroll without worrying about how to pay for it. And, if you work 10 to 12 hours per week in a Federal Work-Study job, you can graduate debt free.

Learn more about UNC at Chapel Hill and The Carolina Covenant

Other North Carolina Scholarships

Special North Carolina Scholarships

Out-of-State Colleges with Transfer Scholarships

National Transfer Scholarship Programs

Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) Transfer Scholarships

College of The Albemarle (COA) PTK inductees have many scholarship opportunities available to them through the national PTK website. PTK members can also visit for assistance with transferring and competing for scholarships.