College of The Albemarle’s (COA) 2017 – 2018 Student Government (SGA) Executive Board and Senators were sworn in by COA president, Dr. Robert Wynegar on Tuesday, Aug. 22, 2017 at the Elizabeth City Campus.
Family and friends were able to witness the college’s SGA members sign a COA integrity contract that stated the following:
“As a member of Student Government Association and official representative for the student body of The College of the Albemarle, I promise to:
- Uphold the Constitution of the Student Government Association.
- Refrain from any violation of the Student Code of Conduct.
- Maintain good academic standing and a respectful relationship with all college employees.
- Speak, dress and act in a professional manner.
- Within reason, attend all meetings, events, and see to all commitments in a timely manner.
- Work to promote unity and efficiency among the SGA members.
- Value the opinions of others, even if they do not match my own.
- Put the student body’s needs above the needs or wants of any individual person or governing body.
I pledge to uphold the principles outlined in this contract and acknowledge that failing to do so will lead to corrective actions taken against me, up to and including impeachment from the SGA.”
2017-18 SGA Executive Board and Senators
Back (left to right): Carlos Velazquez (Elizabeth City), Kyle Nixon (Elizabeth City), Veronica Downing (Edenton-Chowan), Lynori Griffin (Elizabeth City) and Haley Rawles (Elizabeth City)
Front (left to right): Megan Bundy (Elizabeth City), Alayna Stormer (Elizabeth City), Makenna White (Edenton-Chowan) and Wenyu Huang (Elizabeth City)
Not pictured: Christopher “Jake” McFarlane (Dare County), Weston Smith (Elizabeth City), Emanuel Hantig (Dare County) and Brittany Butcher (Dare County)