Manteo, North Carolina — The formal signing of a Memorandum of Understanding between Dare County and College of The Albemarle (COA), solidifying $250,000 in scholarship support for the Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program, was held this morning immediately following Dare’s Board of Commissioners meeting.
Students eligible to receive Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program funding must be a Dare County resident, a high school graduate from a public, private or home school in Dare County, and a U.S. citizen or documented lawful permanent resident. Students must also enroll and begin attendance at COA within 16 months of their high school graduation. Students must also complete the COA Scholarship application and remain in good academic standing with COA once enrolled.
The COA Foundation and its Board of Directors are excited about this endeavor and in making history today with Dare County. Thank you to the Dare County Board of Commissioners for their support of the college and their commitment to Dare residents receiving a quality education at COA.
Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program
To qualify, you must
- Be a Dare County resident
- Have graduated from a Dare County public high school, private school or home school
- Be a U.S. citizen or documented lawful permanent resident
- Begin classes at COA within 16 months of graduating from high school
How to Apply
- Apply to COA
- Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Apply for COA Scholarships
- Complete the Dare Guarantee application, which will appear in applicant portal if you’re eligible
- Complete all steps for admission into your program and register for classes
Questions? Contact Katie Cross at 252-473-2264 ext. 7011 or email@example.com.
Continuing Education Students
- Download the Dare Guarantee WDCR application form
- Return the completed form to Sherri May (you’ll find instructions on the form)
- Complete all steps for admission to your program
- Register for the program by phone at 252-473-2264 ext. 7511 or in person:
COA’s Roanoke Island Campus, room BSE 102A
205 Highway 64 S.
Manteo, NC 27954