This program has been suspended for the 2023 – 2024 academic year pending termination.
College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Professional Crafts: Jewelry program will teach you the jewelry construction, metalsmithing, design and marketing skills needed to develop your own unique style, create one-of-a-kind and production pieces, and build a business from your artistic talent.
- Professional Crafts: Jewelry — Diploma
- Professional Crafts: Basic Jewelry — Certificate
The Professional Arts building houses a COA’s professional arts gallery and a jewelry studio, which offers:
- Twelve student workbenches, fully equipped with the hand tools required for jewelry fabrication
- A main studio with a rolling mill, bench shear, hydraulic press, and a forming and raising area with a selection of hammers, stakes and anvils
- A second studio with soldering stations, vacuum casting equipment, a digitally controlled burnout kiln and a large enameling kiln with overhead ventilation
- A third studio with finishing and polishing equipment, a beadblaster, band saw, wax injector, anodizer and photo booth
- A computer lab with Rhinoceros 3D modeling software and Flamingo rendering software, allowing you to design and produce rendered images of your jewelry pieces