College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Electrical Systems Technology program, offered only at the Elizabeth City Campus, will give you the skills needed to install, modify, troubleshoot and repair basic electromechanical systems.
Residential, commercial and industrial facilities depend on electronic equipment for a variety of functions, and require skilled technicians to:
- Install and maintain this equipment.
- Draw and interpret schematic wiring, controls and mechanical diagrams.
- Measure and interpret electrical and electronic parameters.
Entry-level positions include apprentices and assistants for the layout, installation and maintenance of electrical/electronic systems.
Degree and Certificate Options
- Electrical Systems Technology — Diploma
- Electrical Systems Technology, Level I — Certificate
- Electrical Systems Technology, Level II — Certificate
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, you’ll:
- Plan and install residential and commercial circuits per the National Electrical Code
- Interpret and apply the provisions of the National Electrical Code
- Plan and install DC and AC circuits utilizing schematics and wiring diagrams