College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Medical Assisting program will prepare you as a multi-skilled healthcare professional who is qualified to perform administrative, clinical and laboratory procedures.
Course work includes instruction in:
- Scheduling appointments
- Coding and processing insurance accounts
- Computer operations
- Assisting with examinations and treatments
- Performing routine laboratory procedures, electrocardiography and supervised medication administration
- Ethical/legal issues associated with patient care
Employment opportunities include:
- Physicians’ offices
- Health maintenance organizations
- Health departments
COA’s Medical Assisting Diploma program at the Elizabeth City Campus is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB).
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP)
25400 U.S. Highway 19 N., Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
See the links below for program-specific admission requirements and other information regarding our program.
|Admission Fact Sheet|
|HSWP Admission Comparison Grid|
|ATI TEAS Information|