Dental Assisting Course
The Continuing Education course for Dental Assisting at College of The Albemarle (COA) will be offered in partnership with Catawba Valley Community College at COA – Elizabeth City. Our program will help prepare you to assist in the delivery of dental treatment, perform office and laboratory procedures, and function as an integral member of a dental care team.
A combination of lecture, laboratory and clinical experience course work includes:
- Dental, biomedical and clinical sciences
- Clinical procedures
- Dental materials
- Preventive dentistry
- Infection and hazard control
If you’re interested in registering for the Dental Assisting course, contact Robin Harris at 252-335-0821 ext. 2395 or email@example.com for more information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate assisting skills
- Describe proper chairside, infection control and radiographic procedures
- Accurately perform clinical examinations, radiographic and laboratory procedures, and appropriate chairside procedures and infection control
- Apply to take the Dental Assisting National Board examination to become a certified dental assistant
Visit the occupational outlook handbook for dental assistants on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.