Dental Assisting Course
The Continuing Education course for Dental Assisting at College of The Albemarle (COA) will be offered in partnership with Catawba Valley Community College and East Carolina Dental Clinic at COA – Elizabeth City. Our program will help prepare you to assist in the delivery of dental treatment, perform office and laboratory procedures, and function as an integral member of a dental care team.
A combination of lecture, laboratory and clinical experience course work includes:
- Dental, biomedical and clinical sciences
- Clinical procedures
- Dental materials
- Preventive dentistry
- Infection and hazard control
If you’re interested in registering for the Dental Assisting course, contact Robin Harris at 252-335-0821 ext. 2395 or [email protected] for more information.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate assisting skills
- Describe proper chairside, infection control and radiographic procedures
- Accurately perform clinical examinations, radiographic and laboratory procedures, and appropriate chairside procedures and infection control
- Apply to take the Dental Assisting National Board examination to become a certified dental assistant
Visit the occupational outlook handbook for dental assistants on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.