Dental Assisting Certification
College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Dental Assisting Certification is offered at COA – Elizabeth City. Our program will help prepare you to assist in the delivery of dental treatment, perform office and laboratory procedures, and function as an integral member of a dental care team.
A combination of lecture, laboratory and clinical experience course work includes:
- Dental, biomedical and clinical sciences
- Clinical procedures
- Dental materials
- Preventive dentistry
- Infection and hazard control
Interested students can sign up for this program through our partner, Catawba Valley Community College, by contacting Nikki Hicks at 828-327-7000 ext. 4631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, you’ll be able to:
- Demonstrate appropriate assisting skills
- Describe proper chairside, infection control and radiographic procedures
- Accurately perform clinical examinations, radiographic and laboratory procedures, and appropriate chairside procedures and infection control
- Apply to take the Dental Assisting National Board examination to become a certified dental assistant
Visit the occupational outlook handbook for dental assistants on the Bureau of Labor Statistics website.