College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Aviation Systems Technology program, available at the Regional Aviation & Technical Training Center in Currituck, offers the knowledge and skills needed to qualify for an Aircraft Mechanic’s Certificate with airframe and powerplant ratings.
- Aviation Systems Technology — Associate in Applied Science
- Airframe Maintenance — Diploma
- Powerplant Maintenance — Diploma
- Aviation mathematics
- FAA regulations
- Basic electricity
- Aircraft theory, engines, structures, systems, drawings and components
- Engine inspection and maintenance
Entry-level mechanic employment opportunities include air carriers, manufacturers, repair stations, fixed-base operators, flight schools and government aviation operations.
COA’s program curriculum is approved by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) under 14 CFR Part 147, which governs aviation maintenance schools.