Sixty-five percent of jobs will require a certificate or certification in a field, some college or an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree or beyond. For most jobs, a high school education will not be enough to qualify for employment. College of the Albemarle’s (COA) College Basic Skills Plus/Career Pathways Program is a tuition waiver program that supports occupational skills training for participants concurrently enrolled in the Adult High School or High School Equivalency Program.
By accelerating learning and earning your High School Equivalency or Adult High School Diploma while earning an industry recognized credential, students benefit from transferable career skills and transitions and career pathway support to gain skills that benefit employers. COA may waive continuing education registration fees for up to 96 hours or tuition for up to 12 hours for Occupational and Technical Credential Programs for qualifying Basic Skills students.
- Free High School Equivalency or Adult High School equivalency classes
- Workforce preparation and employability skills
- Eligibility for tuition waiver while concurrently enrolled
- College preparation assistance
- Academic support, tutoring and advisement
- Employability skills training
- Workforce training
Students may choose career pathways in:
To join the Career Pathways program, complete the CCR Application for Admission. Minor admission requires the parent/legal guardian to complete the Minor Application for Admission. This application must be notarized. Minor applicants whose last school of attendance was within the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Public School System must obtain the Minor Application for Admission from the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Schools Drop-Out Prevention Coordinator. All others may complete the College and Career Readiness Minor Application for Admission.
The following documents are required for admission:
- Social Security Card
- Unexpired state-issued photo identification (or passport or military identification)
To take the designated high school equivalency assessment, please visit Pearson VUE™. There are required testing fees to cover the cost of the test.
For more information about enrolling in the Career Pathways program, email [email protected] or contact Dr. Tracy Wooten.
Dr. Tracy Wooten
Lead High School Equivalency/Distance Education Instructor, College and Career Readiness
COA – Elizabeth City: C 139L
252-335-0821 ext. 2419
The College and Career Readiness Program maintains all College and Career Readiness program Adult High School transcripts. Transcripts are not maintained by the local education agency or the North Carolina Community College System Office.
Adult High School Transcripts
At the completion of the program, all Adult High School students will receive an official transcript along with their diploma. If additional copies are needed, a request must be submitted in writing to the Adult High School Program Coordinator. Complete the Adult High School Request Form. To submit an electronic request, contact:
Adult High School Coordinator, College and Career Readiness
COA – Elizabeth City: C 139C
252-335-0821 ext. 2302
When completing the form, please know:
- The Adult High School Release Form must be completed in its entirety
- The form must be signed by the requestor
- The form may be submitted in person, by mail, electronically, or fax to the contact information on the form. To submit an electronic request, contact the Adult High School Coordinator at 252-335-0821 ext. 2302.
- Please allow seven business days to process your request
- The transcript may be picked up or mailed; The requestor must present with a valid photo identification for in-person pick up. A FERPA may be required for all request to non-educational agencies
- There is no charge for Adult High School transcripts
High School Equivalency Transcripts
Effective Jan. 13, 2019, Diploma Sender™ will fulfill all North Carolina HSE records requests.
NOTE: Please copy the link diplomasender.com and paste into either Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, Microsoft Edge™ or Apple Safari™. Diploma Sender uses the latest technology and security standards to protect data and will not work on Internet Explorer™.