College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Career Pathways programs will help you explore your talents and passions, and discover a meaningful, satisfying career or college path that taps into your full potential.
College and Career Readiness
By 2018, 63 percent of jobs will require some college education and training. COA’s College and Career Readiness (CCR) program will help you accelerate your learning by earning your General Education Diploma or Adult High School Diploma while also earning your Career Pathway Certificate, Curriculum/Workforce Development and Career Readiness Certificate.
- Free High School Equivalency Diploma or Adult High School classes
- The ability to waive up to 12 credits while enrolled in the High School Equivalency, Adult High School, Workforce Development and Career Readiness certificate programs
- Free assistance with college preparation
- Free Career Readiness certification preparation and testing
- Academic support, tutoring and advisement
- Scholarship assistance may be available
Accelerating Transitions Career Pathway Programs
- Certificate in Basic Sheet Metal or Advanced Sheet Metal
- Offered only at COA – Currituck
- Certificate or diploma (National Industry certificate: ServSafe)
- North Carolina industry certificate: with completion of EDU 119
- Certificate, diploma, AAS degree
- Certificate or diploma
Seating is limited so register early.
When you register, please supply your:
- Social Security card
- State-issued photo identification (or passport or military identification)
If you’re a qualifying minor (age 16 or 17), please have your parent/legal guardian complete and sign our Minor Application for Admission. This release form is for students who do not attend Pasquotank County Public Schools (PCPS). If you’re a PCPS student, contact Kevin Sawyer at 252-335-0042.
Please have your Minor Application for Admission notarized.