College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Career Pathways programs will help you explore your talents and passions, and discover a meaningful, satisfying career or college path that taps into your full potential.
Basic and Transitional Studies
By 2018, 63 percent of jobs will require some college education and training. COA’s Basic and Transitional Studies program will help you accelerate your learning by earning your General Education Diploma or Adult High School (AHS) Diploma while also earning your Career Pathway Certificate, Curriculum/Workforce Development and Career Readiness Certificate.
- Free High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED) or AHS classes
- The ability to waive up to 12 credits while enrolled in HSED, AHS, Workforce Development and Career Readiness certificate programs
- Free assistance with college preparation
- Free Career Readiness certification preparation and testing
- Academic support, tutoring and advisement
- Scholarship assistance may be available
Accelerating Transitions Career Pathway Programs
- Certificate or diploma (National Industry certificate: ServSafe)
- NC industry certificate: with completion of EDU 119
- Certificate, diploma, AAS degree
- Certificate or diploma
Seating is limited so register early.
When you register, please supply your:
- Social Security card
- State-issued photo identification (or passport or military identification)
If you’re a qualifying minor (age 16 or 17), please have your parent/legal guardian complete and sign our Minor Application for Admission. This release form is for students who do not attend Pasquotank County Public Schools (PCPS). If you’re a PCPS student, contact Kevin Sawyer at 252-335-0042.
Please have your Minor Application for Admission notarized. Contact our notary, Tessa Parnell, at 252-335-0821 ext. 2302 to make an appointment.