Sixty-five percent of jobs will require a certificate or certification in a field, some college or an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree or beyond. For most jobs, a high school education won’t be enough to qualify for employment. College of the Albemarle’s (COA) College and Career Readiness (CCR) program will help you achieve your full potential by exploring your talents and passions to discover a meaningful, satisfying career or college path.
We offer transitions and career pathway support to students preparing for entry into employment and postsecondary programs. By accelerating your learning and earning your High School Equivalency (HSE) or Adult High School (AHS) Diploma while earning an industry recognized credential, students benefit from learning transferable career skills and employers benefit from having a highly skilled employee.
- Free HSE or Adult HSE classes
- Workforce preparation and employability skills
- Eligibility for tuition waiver while concurrently enrolled
- College preparation assistance
- Academic support, tutoring and advisement
- Employability skills training
- Workforce training
- Architecture and Construction
- Health Science and Wellness
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Human Services
- Transportation, Distribution and Logistics
To join the Career Pathways program, complete the CCR Application for Admission. Minors between the age of 16 and 17 also qualify for the program. Minor admission requires the parent/legal guardian to complete the Minor Application for Admission. This application must be notarized. Minor applicants whose last school of attendance was within the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Public School System must obtain the Minor Application for Admission from the Elizabeth City-Pasquotank County Schools Drop-Out Prevention Coordinator. All others may complete the CCR Minor Application for Admission.
The following documents are required for admission:
- Social Security Card
- Unexpired state-issued photo identification (or passport or military identification)
To take the designated HSE assessment, visit Pearson VUE™. There are required testing fees to cover the cost of the test.
For more information about enrolling in the Career Pathways program, email email@example.com or contact:
Dr. John Luton
Lead HSE/Distance Education Instructor, CCR
COA – Elizabeth City: C 139L
252-335-0821 ext. 2419
The CCR Program maintains all CCR program AHS transcripts. Transcripts are not maintained by the local education agency or the North Carolina Community College System Office.
At the completion of the program, all AHS students will receive an official transcript along with their diploma. If additional copies are needed, a request must be submitted in writing to the AHS Program Coordinator. To submit an electronic request, contact:
AHS Coordinator, CCR
COA – Elizabeth City: C 139C
252-335-0821 ext. 2302
When completing the form, please know:
- The AHS Release Form must be completed in its entirety
- The form must be signed by the requestor
- The form may be submitted in person, by mail, or fax to contact information on the form
- Please allow seven business days to process your request
- The transcript may be picked up or mailed; The requestor must present with a valid photo identification for in-person pick up; A FERPA may be required for all request to non-educational agencies
- There is no charge for AHS transcripts
Effective Jan. 13, 2019, Diploma Sender™ will fulfill all North Carolina HSE records requests.
NOTE: Please copy the link diplomasender.com and paste into either Google Chrome™, Mozilla Firefox™, Microsoft Edge™ or Apple Safari™. Diploma Sender uses the latest technology and security standards to protect data and will not work on Internet Explorer™.