College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) Technology program will teach you the technical skills needed to manage the hardware and software, as well as develop plans and related documentation, of a computer-aided design system.
This AAS program is suspended for the 2023-2024 academic year pending termination.
Course work includes:
- Architectural drafting
- Computer-assisted drafting and design
- Creating and managing two- and three-dimensional models
- Linking CAD documents to other software applications
- Operating systems
Degree and Certificate Options
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology — Associate in Applied Science
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology — Diploma
- Computer-Aided Drafting Certificate
Transferring to a Four-Year College or University
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Use various Computer-Aided Drafting programs to produce design drawings in accordance with industry standards
- Use computer design programs to develop three-dimensional drawings that will promote visual understanding and for presentation purposes
- Apply new architectural and mechanical design skills to solve design problems in and outside of class
Upon completion of this concentration, graduates will be able to qualify for CAD jobs in architectural and engineering firms and industrial design businesses.