College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Computer-Aided Drafting (CAD) Technology program will teach you the technical skills needed to manage the hardware and software, as well as develop plans and related documentation, of a computer-aided design system.
Course work includes:
- Architectural drafting
- Computer-assisted drafting and design
- Creating and managing two- and three-dimensional models
- Linking CAD documents to other software applications
- Operating systems
Degree and Certificate Options
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology — Associate in Applied Science
- Computer-Aided Drafting Technology — Diploma
- Computer-Aided Drafting Certificate
Transferring to a Four-Year College or University
Employment opportunities include CAD positions with industrial design, architectural and engineering consulting firms.