What is the STEP Center?
The Strategic Transition in Education Progression (STEP) Center is focused on recent Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) graduates as well as registered nurses within the community. We want to aid in your academic progression by:
- Promoting your completion of Registered Nursing-Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Master of Science in Nursing (RN-BSN/MSN) pre-requisite courses at COA.
- Streamlining the transition into RN-BSN/MSN programs based on your individual needs and academic history.
What can we do for you?
- Help you identify the RN-BSN program that best fits your needs.
- Guide you through the prerequisite identification and completion process at COA.
RN to BSN grid
Here is a list of RN to BSN-related courses available at COA:
- BIO 275, Microbiology.
- MAT 151/151A or 152, Statistics.
- MAT 161 or 171, Algebra.
- SOC 210, Intro to Sociology.
- PHI 240, Ethics.
- PSY 241, Developmental Psychology.
- ENG 111, Expository Writing.
- BIO 168, Anatomy and Physiology I.
- BIO 169, Anatomy and Physiology II.
- CIS 110, Intro to Computers.
- BIO 111, General Biology.
- CHM 151, General Chemistry I.
- CHM 152, General Chemistry II.
- HEA 110, Personal Health.
- HIS Courses.
- NUT 110 or BIO 155 Nutrition.
Health Sciences and Wellness Programs (HSWP) Information Sessions
To learn about admission, we offer two options for your convenience:
|June 21||2 p.m.|
|June 28||2 p.m.|
|July 19||2 p.m.|
|July 26||2 p.m.|
Please print the final page of the HSWP Admission Info Session Survey below and submit with your validation form.
You must take this survey quiz and print the results if you attend the online video.
If your last name begins with A – L, please dial 252-335-0821 ext. 2998.
If your last name begins with M – Z, please contact Kathy Lawrence at 252-335-0821 ext. 2325 or at email@example.com.