College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Phlebotomy Pathway Diploma program will prepare you to obtain blood and other specimens for the purpose of laboratory analysis. Course work includes:
- Specimen collection and handling
- Communication skills
- Maintaining patient data
Upon completion of this concentration, graduates should: Qualify for employment in hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, and other healthcare settings and may be eligible for national certification as phlebotomy technicians.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will:
- Perform venipuncture by vacuum collection devices
- Execute skin puncture to obtain specimen for whole blood testing and serum/plasma testing
- List essential information that should be on laboratory requisitions and specimen containers for identification
- Demonstrate appropriate interaction and communication with patients and staff
- Exhibit a professional attitude and behavior in the workplace
See the link below for program-specific admission requirements.
|Phlebotomy Pathway Diploma|
|Admission Fact Sheet|