College of The Albemarle’s (COA) Regional Aviation and Technical Training Center (RATTC) is a state-of-the-art, 40,000-square-foot facility, which includes four aviation labs. It also houses four classrooms, including a scale-up classroom that promotes problem-based learning, teamwork, problem solving and critical thinking. Each lab and classroom is equipped with the latest in high-tech teaching tools and aviation equipment, as well as two aircraft for its instructional program: a Cherokee 140 and a Cessna 150L Commuter.
Featured Programs of Study
- Aviation Systems Technology (a Federal Aviation Administration certified program).
- Computer Aided Drafting Technology.
- Computer Integrated Machining.
These programs will give you the skills needed to secure a high-tech, high paying job with local and national employers.
Featured Workforce Development and Career Readiness Classes
- Basic Aviation Sheet Metal.
- Advanced Sheet Metal.
- Private Pilot Ground School.
- Airport Ground Operations and Safety.
- Intro to CAD/CAM.
- Intro to CNC.
- Advanced Lathe CAM Processes.
- Intro to 4 Axis Milling.
- Intro to 5 Axis Milling.
- Forklift Operator