The Basic and Transitional (BAT) Studies program at the College of the Albemarle (COA) offers a variety of comprehensive programs designed to help you gain the academic skills you need to become career or college ready.
Our programs can help you:
- Improve reading, writing and math skills.
- Refine English language proficiency.
- Develop interview and employment skills.
- Attend college classes and receive credit.
- Earn a High School Equivalency or Adult High School Diploma.
If you’re an adult or a qualifying minor (age 16 or 17), you may enroll in BAT programs. Minors must complete our Minor Application for Admission.
Pre-registration requirements include:
Signing up for Orientation and Student Success Classes for the Elizabeth City Classes
Contact Ruthie Moody 252-335-0821 ext, 2322 or Tessa Parnell 252-335-0821 ext. 2302 for more details.
Adult High School Coordinator
Monday through Thursday
8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more information, please call 252-335-0821 ext. 2322 or email us at email@example.com.