College of The Albemarle’s (COA) New Student Orientation (NSO) provides you and your family an introduction to the academic and student resources on campus. New students are strongly encouraged to attend.
|Summer 2018||May 15|
|Fall 2018||Aug. 16|
What to Expect
Here is a sample of some of the sessions that you’ll attend during NSO:
- Your official welcome to COA
- An opportunity to explore your designated campus
- Advising and academic success sessions
- Discussions about Dolphin pride, campus safety and Title IX policies
- Information about getting involved and engaged in the student life experience
- Information on financing your education and paying your bill
Additional information about our expectations for you as a new COA student will be woven throughout the day, such as what to expect on your first day of class, academic integrity and personal responsibility.