Skip to main content

Types of Aid

Find Help Paying for Classes

At College of The Albemarle (COA), we can assist you in finding types of aid to help pay for classes. Contact our Financial Aid Office for more information.

Although the primary responsibility for financing an education remains with you and your family, COA participates in federal and state programs as well as private scholarships designed to supplement the family contribution when there is documented student financial need. To receive financial aid, you must demonstrate need and maintain good academic standing.

Financial aid consists of grants, scholarships, campus employment, or any combination of these as determined by the policies of the Financial Aid Office and the U.S. Department of Education. Policies and procedures for awarding student aid are subject to change to meet new federal regulations. You’re required to meet satisfactory academic progress requirements in order to qualify for Federal Student Aid. Fresh Start and course repeat policies do not exempt you from meeting satisfactory academic progress based upon all academic work attempted. The college provides over $250,000 annually in private scholarships. You’re encouraged to apply for these additional sources of support.

COA Foundation Scholarships

Learn How to Apply

Federal and State Grants

Find Out If You’re Eligible

Federal Work-Study Program

The Federal Work-Study (FWS) program provides opportunities for eligible students to be placed in part-time jobs that accommodate their academic schedules. FWS positions are available in numerous departments throughout COA. Read about the positions we’re offering.

Dare County Guarantee Scholarship Program

Student must be a Dare County resident, a high school graduate from a public, private or home school in Dare County, and a U.S. citizen or documented lawful permanent resident.

Read Details