Apply for Financial Aid
2023 – 2024
Apply for financial aid for the 2023– 2024 academic year.
- Fall semester, August 2023 through December 2023
- Spring semester, January 2024 through May 2024
- Summer semester, May 2024 through July 2024
You may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) 2023 – 2024 as soon as possible after Oct. 1, 2022. Awards are made based upon eligibility and availability of funds. The online FAFSA form must be submitted by midnight Central Time (CT) on June 30, 2023. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Sep. 4, 2024.
When preparing to fill out your financial aid application, you might need the following information or documents:
- Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA form)
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers, if you’re a dependent student
- Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration number, if you’re not a U.S. citizen
- Your Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you’re married), and for your parents if you’re a dependent student:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ from the applicable year
- Foreign tax return
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Palau
2022 – 2023
Apply for financial aid for the 2023 – 2024 academic year.
- Fall semester, August 2022 through December 202
- Spring semester, January 2023 through May 2023
- Summer Semester, May 2023 through July 2023
You may submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA™) 2022 – 2023 as soon as possible after Oct. 1, 2020. Awards are made based upon eligibility and availability of funds. The online FAFSA form must be submitted by midnight Central Time (CT) on June 30, 2023. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. CT on Sep. 10, 2023.
Priority Completion Dates for FAFSA Submission
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: Oct. 10
- Summer semester: April 15
You may still submit your FAFSA after these dates, however, you may be responsible for paying your tuition if your financial aid file isn’t completed by the tuition due date.
How to Complete the FAFSA
Federal Financial Aid Overview
Glossary of Financial Aid Terms
Admissions and Financial Aid Technician
COA – Elizabeth City: AE 141
252-335-0821 ext. 2385