Apply for Financial Aid
2019 – 2020
Apply for financial aid for the 2019 – 2020 academic year. Apply here if you plan to register for classes for the fall term (August through December 2019), spring term (January through May 2020) or summer term (May through July 2020).
You may submit the FAFSA 2019 – 2020 as soon as possible after Oct. 1, 2018. Awards are made until funds are depleted. The online FAFSA form must be submitted by midnight CT on June 30, 2020. Any corrections or updates must be submitted by midnight CT on Sep. 12, 2020.
We’re Here to Help
Our staff is available to sit down with you to complete your financial aid application and answer your questions. You can learn about the different types of financial aid including:
- Grants are awarded by the federal or state governments or by the school and are usually based on financial need. Most grants don’t have to be paid back provided you complete the term of enrollment.
- Scholarships are awarded based on financial need or for special talents in academics, etc. They’re offered through colleges, the community and other organizations. Most scholarships don’t have to be paid back. However, keep in mind that some scholarships (especially academic) will continue to be dependent on college grade-point average.
- Federal Work-Study is self-help aid and is awarded to students with financial need. You can work part time to earn this award money to help with the cost of attendance. Work-study jobs can be found on or off campus through the school’s financial aid office.
When preparing to fill out your Financial Aid application for the 2019 – 2020 year, you might need the following information or documents:
- Your Social Security number (it’s important that you enter it correctly on the FAFSA form)
- Your parents’ Social Security numbers, if you’re a dependent student
Your driver’s license number, if you have one
- Your Alien Registration number, if you’re not a U.S. citizen
- Your 2018 Federal tax information or tax returns including IRS W-2 information, for you (and your spouse, if you’re married), and for your parents if you’re a dependent student:
- IRS 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ
- Foreign tax return
- Tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands, the Federated States of Micronesia or Palau
- Records of your untaxed income, such as child support received, interest income, and Veterans noneducation benefits, for you, and for your parents if you’re a dependent student
- Information on cash; savings and checking account balances; investments, including stocks and bonds and real estate (but not including the home in which you live); and business and farm assets for you, and for your parents if you’re a dependent student
Priority Deadlines for FAFSA Submission
- Fall semester: June 1
- Spring semester: Oct. 10
- Summer semester: April 15
You may still submit your FAFSA after these dates, however, you may be responsible for paying your tuition if your financial aid file isn’t completed by the tuition due date.
How to Complete the FAFSA
Admissions and Financial Aid Technician
Elizabeth City Campus: AE 141
252-335-0821 ext. 2385