Federal and state financial aid depends on the availability of financial resources and is awarded primarily on the basis of need.
To be considered for financial aid, you’ll need to meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an eligible program at College of The Albemarle (COA)
- Be a citizen or an eligible non-citizen of the U.S. with a valid Social Security Number
- Be an undergraduate student who hasn’t previously received a bachelor’s degree
- Complete the current year Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and demonstrate financial need
- Have a high school diploma or High School Equivalency Diploma (HSED)
- Make satisfactory progress in your pursued course of study
- Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe a refund of federal funds at any institution
- Meet any applicable program or degree-specific criteria
If you qualify for financial aid, you’ll receive an award letter. Please review your award carefully. If the aid offered doesn’t meet your needs, contact the Director of Admissions and Financial Aid for a consultation.
The Financial Aid Office reserves the right to amend this policy at any time as necessary.