Explore Scholarship Opportunities
The scholarship is intended to assist a student whose post-secondary education has been interrupted or delayed and is designed to aid recipients who are seriously pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree.
Deadline to apply: April 1, 2018.
Scholarships and Loans for Nursing Majors
Nursing student assistance is available through public and private organizations, in addition to the financial aid and scholarship opportunities offered through College of The Albemarle (COA).
- A North Carolina resident
- Able to maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the policies of their institution
- Able to maintain a cumulative minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 3.0 for graduating high school students, 2.80 for undergraduate students pursuing an associate or bachelor’s degree, and 3.2 for students pursuing a graduate or professional degree
- Registered with the Selective Service System, if required
- Free of default or obligation to refund payment under any federal loan, state loan or grant program
- Willing to work in North Carolina in a designated critical employment shortage profession
To receive funds through this program, you’ll be asked to sign a promissory note agreeing to work in North Carolina after graduation, in an approved position, for one year per academic year of funding. Students who don’t perform the required service will need to repay the loans in cash, with interest.
Visit CFNC.org/FELS for application and program information.