Estuaries submissions are open to everyone in the College of The Albemarle community, regardless of residency. Those who currently live in northeastern North Carolina are also encouraged to submit.
To learn about issue themes and for other questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit your work by completing our Estuaries Submission Form.
- Literary submissions should use 12-point Times New Roman font on 8 ½-inch-by-11-inch pages
- Literary submissions must be sent as .doc or .rtf attachments, and the author’s initials should appear on each page of the submission
- Include your name and a mailing address on the front page of the attached submission and also in the body of your email
- Visual arts submissions must be sent as JPG attachments
- Poetry can be on any subject and in any style
- Submission length is a maximum of three pages of poetry. Although we’ll consider longer poems, poems of 40 lines or less stand a better chance of acceptance
Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction
- Prose works can be on any subject and in any style
- Submission length is 4000 words maximum
Photographs and Original Art
- Visual art can be in any style or medium and on any subject, with an emphasis on inventive material
- All work submitted must be original and produced within the past two years
- Limit three images per artist
- Send a low resolution image for consideration, no larger than 1 MB per image
- Name your file as follows: “Estuaries_submission_title_of_work_1.jpg”
- Include your name, title, medium and date it was produced for each image in the body of your email
- If accepted, a high resolution image will be required: 300 DPI JPG at 6-inch-by-8-inch print size saved in CMYK format
- Submissions are considered on the basis of the quality of the work and nothing else
- We’re only interested in First North American Rights, and won’t accept anything that has already appeared on the internet
- We’re not interested in anything derogatory on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation or religious persuasion