Skip to main content

F-1 Visa StudentsRules & Regulations

Information for F-1 Visa Students

  • International Students are required to be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours or more) each semester unless approved for a reduced course load. Students are required to maintain full time enrollment throughout the semester.
  • Your I-20 is valid for two years. You may qualify for an extension in certain situations. If you need an extension, please complete the I-20 extension form and contact a DSO well before the expiration date to avoid allowing your I-20 to expire. Please remember that it’s your responsibility to check the I-20 Form.

For more information about rules and regulations for F-1 visa students, please visit the Study in the States website.



  • Aiello, Judith

  • Academic and International Student Advisor

  • COA – Dare: 102

  • 252-473-2264 ext. 7012