Basic & Transitional Studies
Build Skills for Career or College Readiness
The Basic and Transitional Studies program at the College of the Albemarle (COA) offers a variety of comprehensive programs designed to help you gain the academic skills you need to become career or college ready. Our programs can help you:
- Improve reading, writing and math skills
- Refine English language proficiency
- Develop interview and employment skills
- Attend college classes and receive credit
- Earn a High School Equivalency or Adult High School Diploma
If you’re an adult or a qualifying minor (age 16 or 17), you may enroll in Basic and Transitional Studies programs.
Minors must complete our Minor Application for Admission.
|C 104||Mon – Thu||8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.||252-335-0821 ext. email@example.com|
252-335-0821 ext. 2322
Compliance Services Coordinator
252-335-0821 ext. 2302
252-335-0821 ext. 7525
Register for one of our upcoming two-day sessions: