Forms that require a signature should be sent to the appropriate person, such as a faculty member or a advisor. We’ll forward your signed form to the appropriate department for processing.
Audit classes don’t earn credit hours or grade points. The registration and tuition payment process for audited classes is the same as for credit classes, with the exception that audit requests need to be made at the time of class registration and will not be accepted after you’ve registered for the class.
You may drop a class through WebAdvisor until classes begin. After that, please speak with your advisor. Drops after 10 percent completion of the semester are considered withdrawals and will need to be submitted to the Office of the Registrar using a registration change form.
Dropping a class may affect your financial aid and veteran benefits. To determine if your benefits will be affected, please contact:
- Financial Aid Office at 252-335-0821 ext. 2355 (for financial aid students).
- Office of the Registrar at 252-335-0821 ext. 2252 or firstname.lastname@example.org (for veteran students).
You may withdraw from a class after 10 percent completion but prior to 75 percent completion, resulting in a grade of W. Please speak with your instructor before withdrawing from a class. If you’re unable to reach an instructor, please contact a advisor at your campus to complete a withdrawal form.
If you withdraw from College of The Albemarle (COA) or from selected classes after the refund period, you may withdraw without a grade penalty up to the deadline listed on COA’s class schedules web page. Visit our web page of important dates and specific deadlines.
Financial aid recipients should speak with the Financial Aid Office before withdrawing as it could affect current or future federal aid eligibility. Please visit the financial aid web page for more information about withdrawing and repayment of federal financial aid.
Refunds will only be made under the following circumstances:
- A 100 percent refund will be made if you officially withdraw from a class prior to the first day of the semester/session or if COA cancels the class.
- A 75 percent refund will be made if you officially withdraw from a class prior to or on the 10 percent completion point of the class.
- A 100 percent refund of tuition and fees will be granted to military reserve and National Guard personnel called to active duty, as well as to active duty personnel who’ve received temporary or permanent reassignments as a result of military operations taking place outside the state of North Carolina, making it impossible to complete class requirements at COA.
To comply with applicable federal regulations regarding refunds, federal regulations will supersede state refund regulations stated in this rule.
In the event of death prior to or on the last day of a semester, all tuition and fees for that semester may be refunded to the estate of the deceased.
COA won’t provide refunds for textbooks. Please contact the bookstore for textbook buyback policies.
Elizabeth City Campus: AE 119
252-335-0821 ext. 2252