College of The Albemarle’s (COA) advisors offer career services to help you with decision making and career planning. The extra time and effort you take now can pay off with a lifetime of job satisfaction and income. Career planning involves learning about yourself, exploring different careers, and using tools and resources to help you find your niche — the best career fit for your unique talents, abilities, skills, personality, interests and values.
If you’re undecided about your major and your future, or you’re making a career change, contact an advisor and use the links below to begin your career search.
422 McArthur St
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
118 Blades St
Edenton, NC 27932
2522 S. Croatan Highway
PO Box 757
Nags Head, NC 27959
- NC Works Online: Links to employment opportunities
- Disability Info: Covers a variety of topics related to employment of persons with disabilities
- North Carolina State Summer Internships: Gain essential work experience, improve your resume and get paid while doing it
- U.S. Government Jobs: Federal jobs and employment information. Hampton Roads is home to over 50,000 government workers
- How to Get a Federal Government Job: A step-by-step plan to find and apply for federal jobs
- Glass Door: Research careers, companies and salaries
- LinkedIn: The world’s most popular professional networking site
- Snag a Job: Find a part-time or summer job
- Visit Virtual Job Shadow, select “College of The Albemarle – Portal” and then choose the “New Account” link in the uppermost menu
- Enter the appropriate information into the fields
- Username: your @my.albemarle.edu email address
- Create a password
- Check the confirmation email sent to your @my.albemarle.edu email address
NC Works Career Center
COA – Elizabeth City: AE Building
Visit the center to access career assessments, career guidance/counseling, resume assistance, interview skills, funding for training, and job search assistance. Weekly workshops will also be available at the center. Open to students and the public.
For more information, call NC Works at 252-331-4798 or Kelvin Brown at 252-335-0821 ext. 2243.
|Monday – Thursday||9 a.m. – 4 p.m.|
|Friday||9 a.m. – noon|
NC Works is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. Dial 711 to place a free relay call in North Carolina.
Academic and Career Advisor
COA – Elizabeth City: Success Center
252-335-0821 ext. 2243