College of The Albemarle’s (COA) advisors offer career education activities to help you with decision making and career planning. The extra time and effort you take now can pay off with a lifetime of job satisfaction and income. Career planning involves learning about yourself, exploring different careers, and using tools and resources to help you find your niche — the best career fit for your unique talents, abilities, skills, personality, interests and values.
If you’re undecided about your major and your future, or you’re making a career change, contact an advisor and use the links below to begin your career search.
Explore careers, job information and COA programs with Career Coach™.
CFNC offers a free career planning guide to help you match your personality, interests, values and abilities with over 900 careers.
Career One Stop, sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor, offers employment information, inspiration and helpful tools for job seekers, students, businesses and career professionals, including links to ONET and the Occupational Outlook Handbook.
422 McArthur St
Elizabeth City, NC 27909
118 Blades St
Edenton, NC 27932
2522 S. Croatan Highway
PO Box 757
Nags Head, NC 27959
- NC Works Online: Links to employment opportunities
- Disability Info: Covers a variety of topics related to employment of persons with disabilities
- North Carolina State Summer Internships: Gain essential work experience, improve your resume and get paid while doing it
- U.S. Government Jobs: Federal jobs and employment information. Hampton Roads is home to over 50,000 government workers
- How to Get a Federal Government Job: A step-by-step plan to find and apply for federal jobs
- Background Check: Learn more about background checks and how to protect your reputation online
- Glass Door: Research careers, companies and salaries
- LinkedIn: The world’s most popular professional networking site
- Snag a Job: Find a part-time or summer job
Academic and Career Advisor
Elizabeth City Campus: Success Center
252-335-0821 ext. 2243