Student Ambassador Program
The Student Ambassador Program was established in 1999 through the M.G. Morrisette Jr. Endowment Scholarship Fund. The Ambassador Program provides the opportunity for select students to realize their leadership potential by serving College of The Albemarle (COA) as a recipient of an ambassador scholarship. Student ambassadors serve for one-year appointments, and selection is based on grade-point average (GPA), character, leadership potential and community involvement.
COA ambassadors represent a diverse group of enthusiastic students and exemplifies the mission of COA and serves as a highly involved leader of the college and community.
Student Ambassador Eligibility
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Be enrolled with a minimum of six credit hours each semester
- Be in the top 20 percent of their class
- Have a high school diploma or GED equivalent
Students who serve as Student Ambassadors are given opportunities to:
- Provide community service
- Network with business and community leaders
- Develop leadership and communication skills
- Receive a scholarship for the academic year
Foundation Development Assistant and Database Manager
COA – Elizabeth City: A 122
252-335-0821 ext. 2265